People learn differently. Som learn fast, others slow. Some find reading the best way to take in new knowledge, for others listening to a lecture or seeing a video is better. This can be accommodated by implementing smart technology solutions tailored for study situations. Still learning institutions appear to be reluctant when it comes to unleashing the power of technology in the classrooms.
Two leading IT-experts, Seppo Laukkanen and Ludwig Sandell have come together to remedy this by designing an easy to use solution, capable of bringing education into the 21st century for real.
Seppo and Ludwig aim at reducing dropouts from schools and studies by
- helping students overcome academic difficulties and failure,
- minimising the need of using retention in the school system, and
- decreasing the feeling of detachment from the study situation.
SIX Oslo Coffee: Preventing Dropouts by Using Virtual Reality in the Classroom
Tøyen Unlimited, Frivillighetshuset, 3 etasje – Kolstadgata 1, 0652 Oslo (map)
Wednesday 28th of September, 8 am – 9 am
People interested in learning, education and VR-technology in the class room.
Sign up on meetup.com to attend. It´s free.
Come and listen to Ludwig Sandell talk about Scolatech digital learning systems!
The entrepreneurs behind the SDLS project are mainly IT-professionals from the nordic countries, who have a strong desire to use technology to fix this rapidly growing social problem.
– CTO of computer security company Dignatio AS, and expert advisor to the EACEA, the EU-commission executive agency for Education, Audioviual and Culture.
– Engineer of Information Technology, University lecturer and entrepreneur, worked with ABB, Nokia, Siemens, International Space Station (NASA) and more.
September SIX Oslo Coffee is hosted by Løvetannakademiet.
There will be time for feedback, dialogue and informal discussion.
A monthly event at Deichmanske hovedbibliotek / main library, or something near the city center of Oslo, where we often talk about topics such as social entrepreneurship, social innovation, collaborative economy, urban development, and more.
Who is it for?
This meetup is for people working in public, private and civic sector who are looking for ways to create impact and work with social innovation.
– Merete Grimeland and Therese Byhring from World Wide Narrative
– Camilla Egeberg and Sandrina Sandell from Løvetannakademiet.
We meet the last Wednesday of the month for talks about creating impact over a cup of coffee.
Catch up with SIX Oslo on Facebook.
Catch up with SIX Bergen on Facebook.
Catch up with SIX Nordic on Facebook.
Catch up with SIX Global on Facebook.
Latest posts by Merete Grimeland (see all)
- Onsdag 30. november: Å måle effekt - 07/11/2016
- – En dagbok, faktisk. Vil du prøve den? - 20/10/2016
- 26. oktober: Etterfest for SosEnt-konferansen og kåring av Årets Sosiale Entreprenør - 19/10/2016